|Consider your own situation…
- Managers maintain things and leaders change things. Is this true?
- Management is about ‘what’ and ‘how’. Leadership is about ‘why’. Is this true?
- Management is about the issues of the day, and leadership is about the issues of the future. Is this true?
- Management is reactive and leadership is proactive. Is this true?
- Managers are responsible for tasks, and leaders are responsible for people. Is this true?
Or you can think of this example… Leadership was what Noah used to get the ark built where there was no sea to sail on. Management was what he used to prevent the elephants seeing what the rabbits were up to on the voyage.
“There are times when a leader needs good, systematic management skills and times when a manager must inspire people. We have to be able to do both.”
So perhaps the whole leadership vs. management thing is a red herring? learn more…
Courtesy of Catalyst People Alchemy
An invitation to attend…
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you to one of our FREE seminars to understand why Catalyst Accredited Leadership and Management programmes with the Institute of Leadership and Management are so valuable in the development of your managers for their teams and your organisation.
Cannot make the 26th July? View more dates…
Our incentives for you…
£650 worth of benefits when you attend…
- FREE seminar to explore the leadership issues facing all organisations and how to resolve them
- FREE Motivational Insights™ report on hot buttons and key rewards
- FREE Team Health Assessment™ for you and your team*
- FREE £250 elective training session voucher±
- FREE Personal Development Organiser
- £250 voucher towards your first ILM Scheduled course
- Learn how Catalyst Business Academy helps build leaders and managers to inspire professional excellence within your organisation
- Full Seminar documentation
- Networking opportunity